Improvement to traffic flow during peak hour pick up times (TERM 2)
Improvement to traffic flow during peak hour pick up times 2:30pm to 4pm
I trust that your students have enjoyed the first term of 2018 and have excelled in their studies.
During the term, we have observed and received feedback from parents concerning the traffic congestion on Wecker Road. In order to alleviate the congestion during the afternoon peak hour pickup time, the College is trialing an alternate traffic flow.
We will commence stage 1 of the trial on the first day of Term 2, Monday 16 April. These changes will be in place from 2:30-4:00 pm.
- The entrance to the main church internal road from Wecker Road will be closed.
- The main church internal road will also be closed between the upper church carpark and the roundabout at the English Maths Centre.
- Therefore, vehicles will be required to use the same entry and exit points (eg entry via Scrub Rd will exit via Scrub Rd).
The purpose for restricting traffic along the internal road during afternoon peak hour is to ease the congestion entering and exiting the Grace House car park, which should have a positive impact on the flow of traffic along Wecker Road.
This is a trial for Term 2 and the College will monitor the effectiveness of this initiative. Your support and co-operation is needed during this stage of implementation.
- If you intend to arrive prior to 3:20pm, please park in the upper church carpark. Please DO NOT park in the pickup zones near Grace House or Science Centre before 3:20pm.
- Please instruct your students to be waiting for you at the pick-up zones for immediate boarding. If your child is not there, parents MUST drive around the block and return to the queue. Exceptions are not entertained unless in an emergency.
- Stay alert and keep your eyes on traffic movement to keep all children safe.
During the trial, the College will have additional staff to assist with the changes in traffic flow. Please be patient, respectful and courteous to each other whilst these changes are implemented.
I pray that your family has a lovely holiday as you reflect on the Easter message. I look forward to seeing you refreshed and ready to embark on Term 2.
God bless you.
Ps Brian Mulheran
Date posted: March 28, 2018