Citipointe offers a wide variety of ensembles, bands, choirs and orchestras. These groups are led by experienced and professional directors with a passion for excellence in music. Through rehearsals and performances, Citipointe students develop their creativity and talents, while productions provide real-life experience in collaborating with the various arts genres within the College.
As part of the Academy of the Arts, students receiving music tuition are required to be in an ensemble. This allows students the opportunity to work towards performances and increases motivation to practice and work towards learning outcomes.
The ensembles are involved in various performance and rehearsal opportunities throughout the year, both at the College (Primary assemblies, performance concerts) and externally (eisteddfods, Musicfest, camps). These are wonderful opportunities for students to develop their skills and further enjoy the many benefits of music-making.
Citipointe Performance Groups
*Core ensembles. Students must be a part of one of these ensembles before joining a chamber group (e.g. Jazz Band)
^Capped. This ensemble may have a maximum number and students may be placed on a waiting list.
- Mini Melodies^ – Prep
- Tiny Trebles^ – Year 1
- Vivace Voices^ – Years 2 and 3
- Primary Concert Choir^ – Years 4 to 6
- Voiceworx – Female Years 7 to 9
- The Lads – Male Years 7 to 9
- Bella Voce – Female Years 9 to 12
- The Blokes – Male Years 10 to 12
- Elements – Auditioned Years 10 to 12
- Alpha Band – Primary (Beginner)
- Primary Band – Primary (Intermediate)
- Concert Winds – Secondary (Intermediate)
- Concert Band – Secondary (Advanced)
- Alpha String Ensemble – Primary (Beginner)
- Piccolo Strings – Primary (Beginner)
- Simply Strings – Primary (Intermediate)
- Primary String Orchestra – Primary (Intermediate)
- Secondary String Orchestra – Secondary (Advanced)
- Primary Percussion Ensemble – Primary (Intermediate)
- Secondary Percussion Ensemble – Secondary (Intermediate)
- Primary Guitar Ensemble – Primary (Beginner)
- Secondary Guitar Ensemble – Secondary (Intermediate)
- Flute Ensemble – Years 4-12 (Intermediate)
- Jazz Jammers – Secondary (Intermediate)
- The Jazz Collective – Secondary (Advanced)
To nominate for an ensemble, fill out the nomination form here.
To see our current Rehearsal Schedule, click here.
Find Out More
For further information email: email@example.com