It is very exciting to be involved in helping the primary school raise money and awareness for poor children around the world and this is what the taskforce’s aim is. It involves all primary students, selected year 6 leaders and staff.
We all pray for the children we help around the world. The children we assist are:
- Sendie in La Gonave Haiti through Compassion
- Girls in the SHE home in Cambodia with Citipointe Church
- Children at La Maison du Bonheur in Haiti through the Salvation Army
- Children who receive our shoe boxes via Samaritans Purse
Some of the activities and task we participate in are:
* Our special Community Outreach assemblies, writing letters to our children, collecting items or money for our overseas children, praying and talking about the groups we help.
* We also desire to create a school spirit of generosity and care for people who suffer in our world.
* In the past, we have also conducted special assemblies and fundraising for when there have been disasters.
“What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
It does not, therefore, depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.” Romans 9:14 – 16
Special thanks to everyone who has generously given. We know God is blessing us each.