Students from Years 2 – 6 have one art lesson per week, most of which are linked to the students’ unit work.
Students study a different artist each term as well as build upon knowledge of the art elements and principles from previous years. Citipointe Central is a great resource for all the information students need through each unit of work.
Different art media is used each term to complete drawings, paintings, sculpture and printmaking. Year 4, 5 and 6 students also participate in a Media Arts Unit which engages the use of their iPad to create a Media Arts piece.
Lunchtimes are also a very busy place in the art room. Students use the art room as a creative space to spend their break or to put extra time into their art assessments.
Visual Arts Objective:
- To give students the opportunity to grow, develop and express themselves through visual art.
- To deepen their relationship with their Creator by using their creative abilities as an act of worship, as a form of witness and as an exploration of their faith.
- To develop versatile, creative thinkers who can interpret visual symbols in our visual society.
- To create flexible students who have the capacity to problem solve through exploring, experimenting and discovering.
- To be given the opportunity to communicate non-verbally through the use of 2D and 3D media while developing a repertoire of skills and a deeper understanding of visual art through which to create a solid creative foundation.