Curriculum Pathways in the Secondary School
The educational framework of the Secondary School is based on the pedagogy of ‘Understanding by Design’ [Wiggins & McTighe], with emphasis placed on
- Beginning with and working towards desired lifelong understandings
- Uncovering, as well as covering content
- Discovering the ‘big ideas’ within the content
- Extending and enriching student thinking
- Providing real life contexts and connections
- Creating engaging educational experiences relevant to student life
Citipointe strives to cater for a wide range of students and student aspirations through Learning Support, EAL and Talent Development classes at every year level, and streaming according to ability in some core subject areas at some year levels.
In Years 7-10, specific Learning Enrichment is offered in the XP [Extra Potential] program, and the English and Maths Honours Programs. In Years 10-12, our NOVA Arts Company provides extension to students gifted in the Arts and the STEM Academy offers activities to students in all year levels.
EXPLORE: YEARS 7, 8 & 9 MIDDLE SCHOOLING
Year 7, 8 & 9 aim to explore interests. Studies focus on real life contexts and aim to broaden student experience through a wider range of subjects.
DEEPEN: YEAR 10 PREPARATION FOR SENIOR
Year 10 is a time of preparation for students’ years of Senior Schooling and of planning for their future career pathway.
FLOURISH: YEARS 11 & 12 SENIOR SCHOOLING
Years 11 & 12 focus on flourishing in subject areas that have become passions.